Sodium Salt is a vital nutrient for all living things. However, for your soil and the plants you grow, it can be a deadly toxin. Typical Arizona soil has high pH content due to the presence of high MINERAL SALTS which make drainage or leaching very difficult therefore sodium salt commonly accumulates to toxic levels. In very small quantities, sodium salt in your soil is not a major problem. However, if your soil is like MOST other Arizona soils, it has an abnormal amount of salt. As result your plants will dehydrate and not receive vital nutrients like phosphorus and potassium and WATER, and die!
If you’re a professional landscaper, you’ve seen this. The dreaded salt rings appear around your new and older plantings then comes the leaf-burn and in a few weeks you’re back out in the heat replacing plants that your customer just paid for. But, because they paid YOU to install their new plants- YOU now have to foot the bill for plant replacement. Then nobody’s happy.
We have seen many landscapers replacing hundreds of plants, trees and flowers 2-3 times a year not just here in Arizona but throughout the southwest! ALL because of SALT! Add to that, NO MATTER what you try to tell or explain to your customers, they will eventually give up on YOU and bring in the next landscaper they can find to replace YOU! Believe me, I personally have been there.
As we near springtime, with summer grasses growing in and springtime flowers are starting to grow, it is imperative that we do everything we can to help the landscape grow beautiful and green. This means it is vitally important to fight against salt build-up in the soil.
How to Fight Salt
You can use deep watering to flush salt and this would work great IF your soil could drain or leach fast enough. However, this can create high water bills during peak seasons.
This is where we at Biofeed Solutions can help YOU manage and reduce SALT!
Our products do not contain harmful salts but can help buffer the salts existing in your soil. Biofeed® Soil Plus is used by hundreds of landscapers, gardeners and farmers to manage salt! Our Soil-Plus has been proven to reduce sodium toxicity and soften and condition soils to allow better water penetration while it enhances root growth and improves the plants photosynthetic activity to help it through high salt and heat stresses.
Also the ingredients in Soil-Plus chemically “grabs” and buffers salt and holds it in a non-toxic form that won’t hurt your plants and allows it to leach down below the root system!
- Buffers harmful salt!
- Softens and builds crumb structure in the soil to improve leaching and water holding.
- Releases oxygen into the soil promoting aerobic biological activity, helping the soil to breathe.
- Improves water penetration and retention.
- Decreases toxic nutrient levels in the soil by buffering harmful salts and gently protecting soil pH.
- Allows for seed germination over areas of stressed turf and release of nutrients in the soil.
- Optimizes root growth.
- Improves drought tolerance, disease resistance, and plant cell division, resulting in greener plants.
Soil Plus is not our only product that helps combat salts. For example, Arbor-Plus will help feed your trees and buffer salts as well and is a great product for year-round tree fertilization.
- Promotes deep green leaf color
- Improves horizontal branching & growth
- Improves heat and drought tolerance
- Enhances disease resistance
- Balanced nutrition for balanced growth
- Buffers Harmful Salt when used in DRF treatments
- Oxygenates the Soil Root Zone
- Stimulates beneficial aerobic soil microbes below ground to aid in reducing or eliminating root-rot
Do you need to fight the toxic salt levels in your turf, trees, or soils? Try Biofeed today!
For more information please email email@example.com for an account representative to assist you.